Q: How do I get there?
A: The Onderdonk House can be reached by public transportation:
Bus Q-54 passes and stops two blocks away at the intersection of Flushing and Metropolitan Avenues. Bus B-57 passes the house on Flushing Avenue. "L" subway line to Jefferson Street (Brooklyn) stop; proceed five blocks North (right) along Flushing Avenue.
Q: Will there be a shuttle bus from the train?
A: We will have a FREE shuttle bus picking people up from the nearest subway station (L train to Jefferson St.). Bus driver cell phone number will be posted closer to the weekend of the festival.
Q: Is there parking near-by?
A: Yes. There is plenty of near-by on-street parking (free of charge).
Q: What should I bring?
A: This list varies depending on whether you plan to stay the entire weekend or just one day, but a general checklist is below:
Tent (must pay in advance or at the door for tent license)
BBQ/grill-able food & Charcoal for grill (limited grill access on-site)
Sleeping bag / Air Mattress / Pillow
Battery Operated Lanterns
Cameras to document the madness
Drums, guitars, instruments for jam sessions
Bug spray, sunscreen
Band-aids, first aid (we will have EMT on site)
Yoga mats (we’ll have a free yoga workshop!)
Q: Can I vend at the festival?
A: Yes, a table to vend is $20. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional info and to confirm your vendor spot.
Q: Will there be food and drinks for sale?
A: Yes, food including BBQ, vegetarian options, water, etc will be for sale.
Q: Can I bring my own?
Q: Can we create fire pits for cooking?
A: No, all fires must be in pre-established grilling zones.
Q: What if it rains?
A: That's not going to stop us!
Q: What's the point?
A: Music, culture, togetherness, education and awareness, raging festivity...
Q: Who exactly are Roma/Gypsies?
A: You'll learn more about Roma at the festival, but to get you started check out this PDF: http://mehanata.com/mishka/Romanies-(Gypsies)-FAQ.pdf
Q: What is the Onderdonk House?
A: The Onderdonk House is a historical landmark in Ridgewood, Queens. It is the oldest Dutch Colonial stone house in NYC, decorated in part with its original 19th century furnishings. It was originally built in 1661, and now serves as a cultural center and museum. The surrounding field is a lush, green space with room for camping, BBQ-ing, games, dancing, and performances. For more info, click here: http://onderdonkhouse.org/
♪ ♫ SCHEDULE - BUY TICKETS - LOCATION ♪ ♫
The New York Gypsy Production Corp, Mehanata,B G Bar Inc. and the Greater Ridgewood Historical Society and their agents, officials, officers, directors, employees, volunteers, contractors, servants or representatives (hereinafter refer to as “The Releasees) are not responsible for any death, injury, loss or damage of any kind suffered by any person while participating in GYPSY TABOR FESTIVAL 2012 and all related activities of GYPSY TABOR FESTIVAL 2012, including injury, loss, damage or a fatality which might be caused by the negligence of THE RELEASEES.
I agree to advise the organizers of the Event prior to the start of the activity of any existing medical conditions or injury I have.
In consideration of my participation in GYPSY TABOR FESTIVAL 2012 program and all related activities, I acknowledge that I am aware of the possible RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS associated with GYPSY TABOR FESTIVAL 2012 program and all related activities including THE POSSIBLE RISK OF SEVERE OR FATAL INJURY TO MYSELF OR OTHERS. These risks include, but are not limited to:
· Intoxication and/or alcohol poisoning from the alcohol I consume during GYPSY TABOR FESTIVAL 2012 program and all related activities whether voluntarily or through coercion resulting in illness, injury or death;
· Death, injuries or illness resulting from failure to follow directions from those in charge of the program and all related activities;
· Risks such as death, injuries or illness associated with involvement in interactive games whether as a participant or an observer
· Other risks associated with being a spectator of or being present at a crowded, outdoor or indoor venue.
· Risks associated with travel to and from all venues of the various components including transport by public or private motor vehicle which could include but are not limited to an accident resulting in severe physical injuries or death;
· Food-related illness resulting from any meal arranged for me or bought by me from GYPSY TABOR FESTIVAL 2012 organizers;
· Muscular injuries and soft tissue injuries, broken bones, bruises, scrapes, cuts, sprains, dislocation, head, facial eye and/or dental injuries which might result from participation in GYPSY TABOR FESTIVAL 2012;
· Injuries resulting from falling or being knocked down or steep steps where a fall may cause injury or death;
· Injuries or death resulting from rough terrain, failure to see an obstacle, failure to negotiate a turn, etc.;
· Injuries or death resulting from walking on a hill, slipping and/or falling;
· Injuries or death resulting from malfunctioning of equipment or misuse of equipment whether owned, designed or operated by myself or the staff of the Releasees;
· Changes in weather or temperatures which may result in hypothermia, frostbite, windburn, sunburn, colds or flu;
· The risks associated with returning to my residence after participating in the program and/or related activities;
In return for allowing me to voluntarily participate in the program and all related activities, I agree:
1. TO ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL RISKS arising out of, associated with or related to my participation in the GYPSY TABOR FESTIVAL 2012 program and all related activities, even though such risks may be caused by the negligence of the Releasees;
2. TO BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE which I might sustain while participating in GYPSY TABOR FESTIVAL 2012 program and all related activities, even though such injury, loss or damage may have been caused by the negligence of The Releasees;
3. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to the personal property of, or personal injury to, any third party resulting from my participation in the GYPSY TABOR FESTIVAL 2012 program and all related activities;
4. TO HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY AND RELEASE THE RELEASEES, their officers, directors, agents, volunteers, employees and representatives from liability for any and all claims, demands, actions and costs which might arise out of my participation in GYPSY TABOR FESTIVAL 2012 program and all related activities, even though such claims, demands, actions and costs may be been caused by the negligence of The Releasees